The project “Stop-Racism: A Journey Towards Intercultural Understanding” project emerged as a growing need, arising from the migration process and the phenomenon of multiculturalism, to cultivate not only tolerance, but curiosity, empathy, acceptance, and, fundamentally, interaction between different ethnic-racial groups, in order to promote cultural enrichment and equal opportunities.
Its objective is the intercultural education of young people, through serious games and gamification tools, to promote intercultural competences and relations, tolerance, respect for diversity and non-discrimination, in order to encourage cognitive flexibility, mitigate intolerant behaviours and promote intercultural interaction.
The project foresees the following outputs:
- Intercultural Competence Framework.
- Intercultural Literacy Training Curriculum.
- Stop-Racism Workshop, aimed at young people, using serious games, gamification tools and an e-learning platform.
- Toolkit with recommendations and materials, aimed at teachers and youth educators.
- Awareness-raising campaigns, where the results will be disseminated in each partner country.
This project is supported in the frame of the Erasmus+ European programme.