The project “Together We Can” project aims to empower migrant women in rural areas to actively participate in education, employment and training.
The project will develop activities and materials that will improve the adult education sector by providing more appropriate learning and training opportunities for vulnerable women living in rural areas and support the communities in which these women live to become local learning environments that promote their inclusion and engagement. This is with a view to identifying and developing practices and strategies for their inclusion at local level. It is hoped that this project will provide a practical and constructive basis for action towards the empowerment of all (migrant) women.
The main target groups will be migrant women living in rural areas, adult educators and trainers working closely with migrants - and preferably migrant women and policy makers and stakeholders: such as local and regional authorities, migrant associations, employers, civil society, financial and social actors, adult education and training institutions.
The project has the following objectives:
- Create solid theoretical and methodological support frameworks that respond to the needs of migrant women living in rural areas.
- To bridge the gap in adult education for innovative and tailored programmes for the inclusion of rural migrant women and their active involvement in education, employment and training.
- Empower, motivate and educate communities towards more tolerant and inclusive attitudes that increase community resilience and continuity, while embracing rural migrant women as equal members of the community.
- Contribute to a measurable change in practices, attitudes, policies, processes of local formal and informal actors towards rural migrant women.
- Promote tolerance, inclusion, justice and equal rights while combating racism, prejudice and xenophobia towards rural migrant women.
This project is supported in the frame of the Erasmus+ European programme.