The project “AAA – Activism Against Ableism” was born out of the need to combat the reality of discrimination that affects people with disabilities, denying them recognition, respect and equal opportunities in society.
The overall objective of the project is to promote social awareness of disability and to support young European citizens with disabilities to become socially and politically activethrough the development of participatory intervention methodologies and strategies.
In this way, it is intended that participants can:
- Recognize the relationship between their individual experiences of exclusion and the social and political structures that originate and reproduce them;
- Develop capacities to participate politically in society and claim their rights and needs;
- Empower themselves collectively and represent their voices and perspectives.
The project will produce the following results:
- A European network and national ecosystems that promote collaboration between the different actors involved in the theme of disability;
- An innovative methodology to promote the political participation of young citizens with different capacities, based on principles of non-formal education and experiential learning;
- A practical manual "Activism Against Capacitism" for youth professionals, which presents the tools and resources necessary to implement the proposed methodology;
- A policy paper “activism against Capacitism": reflections and proposals for the practice and development of policies that promote inclusion, social and political participation and the fight against capacitism.
This project is supported in the frame of the Erasmus+ European programme.